On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 21:03:04 +0200
Romano Giannetti <[email protected]> wrote:

>I don't think it's just processing. I think she used a quite fast
>lens, wide open, to start with; the bokeh effect is very difficult
>to reproduce if you don't have it in the original photo
>(impossible?). It seems to me that she has a bit of swirly bokeh
>too, "Petzval" style...
>http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/65143/what-swirly-bokeh-technique-is-this-and-how-can-i-achieve-it
> 
>
>
>Then the rest seems to be a bit of vignetting and blur with a
>circular mask...
>

She uses a Canon 70-200L f/2.8 at between f/5.6 to f/8. It's because
of the DOF to get the dogs' faces (from nose to ear) in focus. The
capture distances seem to be between 2.5m/8ft to 5m/15ft (from my
experience with dogs and the Canon 70-200)

I knew about the vignetting, but not about the blur with circular
mask. Is there something equivalent in DT?

Thanks

-- 
sknahT

vyS
____________________________________________________________________________
darktable user mailing list
to unsubscribe send a mail to [email protected]

Reply via email to