So, in darkroom mode, you'd have twice the same image: one together with
controls (sidebars, drawn masks, ...) and one with just the image on the second
display.

I don't use a dual-display, but I like the idea: one would almost never need to
move the mouse to the second display ("almost never" because it may make sense
to have different zoom levels on both monitors), but get a permanent fullscreen
view on the second display.