On 04/26/2016 03:57 PM, Alex wrote:
> I tried uninstalling and installing from both ppa and official repo. I
> am getting:
> darktable: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/bin/../lib/darktable/libdarktable.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN5Exiv213XmpProperties10registerNsERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEES8_
> and dt is not starting.

libdarktable.so from darktable in Xenial is
/usr/lib/darktable/libdarktable.so. Judging by the error message, in
your case the library is loaded from some other install, and it looks
like it might be not finding libexiv.

You may want to cleanly uninstall and remove all previous darktable
installs and then reinstall. It should pull in libexiv if it is missing,
as that is one of the package dependencies. darktable 2.0.3 from the
official Xenial repository works fine here on 16.04 (albeit on Kubuntu).

~# apt-cache policy darktable
darktable:
  Installed: 2.0.3-1
  Candidate: 2.0.3-1