On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Jimmy Gowrisanker <seekjim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Darktable creators, users, developers...
Hi.

> I recntly purchased a Nikon D5 and the raw files can be read into the
> darktable. As this camera is very new to the market, I am wondierng how I
> can help in the following
>
> Adding support to this new camera for profiling sensor and photo noise,
> noise profiles, WB presets and other support as found for much more mature
> camera such as D800.
>
> I am happy to take test shots if someone is interested in doing the hard
> part (the technical part!).
>

> If you need multiple raw files please indicate the conditions and settings
> need for the above purposes.

Apparently D5 is mostly supported.

As for samples:
0. take fully clipped(!) image, RAW
    Set smallest iso (ISO100)
    Fully open aperture
    Set shutter to 30 sec
    Point at something bright, like sky (not the sun !) or computer monitor.
1. take 1 raw image per every white balance preset, ignore custom wb
and kelvin wb,
    you may want to also bracket it agains amber-blue axis
2. noise profiles - "how to profile your camera" in
    https://www.darktable.org/2012/12/profiling-sensor-and-photon-noise/

And drop that into new redmine issue.
File upload may not work, use dropbox or something

> Thank you very much for the support.
>

> Regards
> Jimmy
Roman.