http://www.darktable.org/2012/10/whats-involved-with-adding-support-for-new-cameras/

White balance presets
darktable gets a library of white balance presets from the UFRaw
project. This means you can select camera white balance presets in
darktable's user interface. Having white balance presets for your
camera is a convenience, it's not critical. But if they are missing,
you can contribute them:

Upgrade the camera firmware (use a full, known reliable battery), be
aware that it can brick your camera if done improperly. (having the
latest firmware is preferable, but not critical, if you are
uncomfortable with the risks involved in upgrading your camera you
should not attempt it)

Shoot a single RAW file for each of the camera's white balance presets
(make sure you don't have any white balance finetuning enabled) (image
content doesn't matter) (these are usually 5-10 shots).

Some cameras optionally offer the ability to tune their white balance
presets. You can include these as well (but the numbers of shots
increase rapidly, as there are typically 5-10 base presets, offering
as much as 19 steps of finetuning per preset). For the time being you
need to shoot either all or none of the finetuning steps as darktable
hasn't implemented finetuning interpolation yet. If you do, use only
the blue-amber axis, leave the green-purple axis centered (0).

When contributing your white balance presets please do include your
camera's firmware version (for future reference).