Thanks.

After enabling and restarting Darktable, I'm presented with a long list of
nef and jpg files. There's a 'select all' button and options to reload
selected xmp files and over write selected xmps.

Aside from the fact that there are no xmps in the list, Darktable crashes
if I 'select all' and chose the reload option.

James Coleman
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamescoleman
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jecoleman/sets