There's a problem with GTK+ in Mac OS X that broke almost all the UI in Mac
OS X.

You can work by changing values with the mouse not key numbers (be careful
it changes image ratings instead).

If you can work all with mouse you can do it as workaround else latest
version working was Darktable 2.0.4.

Regards

PS: I'm going to compile dartable (master branch) during this week and try
to find some help/fix with GTK+ team via IRC.