The import dialog from camera won't let me select more than one image. When dialog opens, it shows images that are on the camera memory card; selecting one image by left-clicking on it works, but combining left-click with ctrl or alt has no effect.

This is obviously
bug https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11159

The bug report suggests using "TAB" as a workaround, but I don't understand what is meant or how to do it (clicking tab repeatedly eventually shows a dotted line around the selected image, and then what? Would someone care to provide more detail?

Thank you!

This is Darktable 2.0.6 on an up-to-date Archlinux 64 bit.