Not sure why, but I have had an ongoing problem with 'double-click' whenever I use kde. The problem plagued me on a number of programs and on several O/S, but it was a significant nuisance with darktable. I have finally settled on using OpenSUSE with xfce.

In my case it may be a hardware problem since others appear not to have the same difficulty.

David