* Marcus Sundman <sund...@iki.fi> [12-29-16 21:48]:
> On 12/28/2016 09:25 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * michael <mar2...@vmail.me> [12-28-16 22:41]:
> > > I upgraded to version 2.2.0-1 for Fedora 25. My History Stack mode is
> > > set to Append. When I open a photo in the darkroom module my previous
> > > sidecar file from edits before the upgrade are overwritten.
> > >
> > > Do I have a setting wrong? This is very frustrating because all of my
> > > previous work will be wiped out unless I downgrade.
> > if you downgrade, you may have problems with your library.db being
> > incompatible.  So make sure you make backups.
> >
> > sounds like your xmp files are somehow not the same as contained in
> > library.db.  Why don't you try re-importing your files with an empty
> > library.db (move your present library so you have something to fall back
> > on if you have other problems).
>
> Wait, what? Does this mean that I can't moves files from one computer to
> another?
> I regularly switch between different computers, and those presumably have
> different library.db files, right?
> Does something bad happen if I edit the same file from 2 different
> computers? Will one overwrite changes made by the other even if I don't have
> the file open in different computers at the same time?

darktable uses the settings in the library.db rather than the xmp files.
If I use a different computer to work images with dt, I start:
  darktable --library :memory:
and then import the files again to my workstation.

if you are going to use a tool, you should learn about the tool....  the
documentation is very good.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo            @ http://linuxcounter.net