On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Steven Fosdick <stevenfosd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I see a single picture on the map, please?  According to the user
> guide it should shown the open picture of film strip but even if I set the
> collection filter to show just one picture it shows a bunch of others too
.
https://www.darktable.org/usermanual/ch08.html.php#gui_options

only draw images on map that are currently collected and filtered
  Use the current filter settings to select the geotagged images drawn
in the map view. This limits the images drawn to those currently shown
in the filmstrip and thus reduces the time needed (default off).

maximum number of images drawn on map
  The maximum number of geotagged images drawn on the map. Increasing
this number can slow down the drawing of the map. Needs a restart if
changed (default 100).

I'm sure you have already read that :)

Roman.