Hallöchen!

Francisco Cribari writes:

> The article available at
>
> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/
>
> points out some problems related to Fujifilm's X-Trans sensor. The
> author uses Darktable for RAW conversion. Any thoughts on the
> article?

I'm not a Fuji user but my thoughts on that article are:

1. There are still many photographers who discuss image quality of
   sensors and lenses.  But the actually limiting things in
   photography are printer, screen, and retina.

2. The article mentions Fuji users shooting in JPEG-only.  Although
   it discusses the wax skin problem in detail, I also observe that
   I cannot beat image quality of the camera JPEGs (being a Sony
   customer).  I've *never* managed that even with one single image.
   Not even with crops.  Whether with LR or DT.  Not even with help
   from DT folks.  Thus, I use RAW only for extreme lighting
   conditions.  If my camera produced processed images with full
   dynamic range, I would never use RAWs.

That said, I am quite impressed by the quality of the DT conversion
in the article, in comparison with the Fuji rendition.

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger