Patrick,

On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 07:19 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Tony Arnold <tony.arn...@manchester.ac.uk> [02-16-17 06:23]:
> > Is there an EPUB (or other ebook format) version of the darktable
> > manual
> > available?  Or how might I go about creating such a version?
> >
> > I ask, as every now and again I take a look at Calibre to organise
> > documents.  It can handle PDF docs, but I think EPUB or some such
> > may be
> > better suited.
> >
> > Any help greatly appreciated as always.
>
> Why don't you just convert it?
>
> a google search for "pdf to epub" provides many references, first:
>  http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-convert-a-pdf-to-epub/

Converting it is an option and indeed Calibre can do this. However, the
resulting EPUB document then is incredibly slow when it is opened in
Calibre. My belief is creating the EPUB from the original source may
produce better results, but I need to try it first!

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT
Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester