There's some other bad interactions on Wayland. Scrolling to move through
images in lighttable mode doesn't work. Scrolling on the image in darkroom mode
(almost always?) doesn't zoom the image. Keyboard input will be ignored from
time to time (especially after a bit of interaction in darkroom mode), and it
may take restarting darktable to make the UI notice keystrokes. The drop-downs,
as Hajo writes, are consistently narrow. Hard to know if these are bugs or some
sort of API change? Presumably Wayland is still settling, though in general it
is now usable & even stable.