hi,

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:06 PM,  <junkyardspar...@yepmail.net> wrote:
> Did you try the "create HDR" function in darktable? It sometimes works well
> for this kind of thing, depending on exactly how much light fell where in
> each shot and the overlap...

that's averaging. for star trails/light painting maybe you'd want the
brightest pixel (and for removal of stuff median etc). that said it'll
be simple enough to add a couple of different blending modes to dt's
merging code (at least those that work pairwise such as max(), median
may be more tricky).

-jo