I think I've isolated the problem.

The behaviour seems to be linked to a collection specified by a tag. Did this a few times and it seems repeatable across a number of different tags. It doesn't occur if a film roll is used to specify a collection (ie it behaves correctly).

On 2017-04-06 09:01, Remco Viëtor wrote:
On jeudi 6 avril 2017 17:48:46 CEST Mark Heieis wrote:
Hi,

I've been noticing some strange behaviour with the film strip when in
darkroom mode.

1) when I select an image to edit from lighttable, darktable enters darkroom
but the filmstrip is not synchronized to the selected image being edited.
(In this case, I have 363 images in the collection)

2) the filmstrip is randomly(?) presenting duplication of images and missing
others.

3) It is not presenting all of the images in the collection. In one case,
the selected image from lighttable appears for editing in darkroom but
doesn't appear in the filmstrip. If another image is selected from the
filmstrip, the previous image can only be re-edited by selecting it from
lighttable again.

4) selecting an image from the filmstrip does present the correct image for
editing, however, the filmstrip adjusts to a completely different section
of the strip. The selected image remains selected but one has to find it
again.

I don't have any clue how, when or why this is happening to help isolate the
problem.

darktable-2.2.3-1.fc25

I noticed that there's a version 2.2.4 available now, source and at least
OpenSuse rpm's.  I have no idea if using that version would help you.

But, there's no announcement for this version on the Darktable web site.

Remco