I get very good results for "medium noise" (ISO 800 in a 5D mk II) using
two copies of the profiled denoise module:
- first: wavelets, strength 1.0, blend mode color 100%. This erases all
traces of color noise (the more annoying for me), but introduces extra luma
noise.
- second: non-local means, patch size 4, strength 1.0, blend mode lightness
50%. I also found this module was very harsh on the details until I used
this patch size and blend percentage combination.
Using a before/after snapshot at 100% magnification I don't find any
significant loss off detail, and just a little increase in image artifacts.
For lower noise (ISO 100-200), I usually go only with the first copy (color
noise).
Hope this is useful for you.
Regards,
Guillermo