On 19/04/17 13:22, Shane Simmons wrote:
I didn't build from source, no. I installed it via Pascal de Bruijn's PPA.
The problem occurred when I upgraded, even though it didn't change the version
number...

Should I try a complete removal and re-installation?

I think you have the yakkety version still installed. Have a look in your /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory for a file like: pmjdebruijn-ubuntu-darktable-release-yakkety.list. You'll probably see that the entry has been commented out during the distribution upgrade process (there's a warning about this during the upgrade). Remove the # from the beginning of the line and update the yakkety to zesty, so something like:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmjdebruijn/darktable-release/ubuntu zesty main

Then do an upgrade, something like:

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

You might want to check any other .list files in that directory too, in case you have other external sources that are disabled. You can also do this through the GUI by going to:

System Settings -> Software & Updates, Other Software tab.

Regards,

Rob