Am Wed, 24 May 2017 19:16:15 +0300
schrieb Roman Lebedev <lebedev...@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Аl Воgnеr <darktable...@corr.eu.org>
> wrote:
> > Am Wed, 24 May 2017 16:04:25 +0300
> > schrieb Roman Lebedev <lebedev...@gmail.com>:

> >> Basically, all the ISO that can be set in camera. So certainly 1/3.
> >> And if with 1/2, different values can be set, maybe those too.
> >>
> >> If the profile for a given iso does not exist, it will be linearly
> >> interpolated from the nearest samples on the each side.
> >
> > Ok, so I will produce tons of RAWs
> >
> > Does it matter if they are in DNG or PEF, or do you want both?
> It does not matter. If some camera can produce DNG, it is pretty much
> always better to use DNG.

> >> I'd try to search for raws used for noiseprofile generation for
> >> some other camera and examining them. But yes, something like
> >> bright lamp illuminating half of the shot, and total darkness on
> >> the other half, with gradient change from one to the other one.
> >
> > Is indoor preferred? I remember very noisy pictures in winter, which
> > were not noisy actually. It was warm wet air / fog in certain areas
> > only. Especially blue at dawn looked very noisy.
> Can't say, experiment. In-doors should work fine.

> >> That is talking about the dt processing.
> >> Unless the manufacturer is *really* *really* dumb the in-camera
> >> color space selection only matters for the JPEG's, and the embedded
> >> thumbnails.
> >
> > Ok, there are so much setting at Pentax cameras, which seem to
> > influence noise, but should work only with jpeg. Probaby it is best
> > to turn them off anyway.
> Probably, yeah, but should not really matter.
>
> > Should these files be uploaded to https://raw.pixls.us ?
> Hell no.

Here is 1 sample with 10000ISO:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12516482/pentax.kp.dng.noise.sa_1.8_2.41_10000i.dng.html

Can this be used for noise calibration?

Please note:

[EXIF]          0xc62b Baseline Noise                  : 1
[MakerNotes]    0x0049 Noise Reduction                 : Off
[MakerNotes]    0x0071 High ISO Noise Reduction        : Off; Inactive

Default is "High ISO Noise Reduction" on, which is probably used by
everyone. I don't know if this influences the raw-file

I have these samples from 100ISO - 819200ISO in 1/3 steps. (1.4GB)

Please let me know how to go on.

Al