On mercredi 14 juin 2017 11:25:33 CEST Аl Воgnеr wrote:
> Am Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:16:04 +0200
>
> schrieb Maurizio Paglia <mpagl...@gmail.com>:
> > Same problem at my side... I have a Tamron 17-50 with VC capability
> > that is not included in the lens database on my distribution but
> > correction for Tamron without VC works.
> > In any case I tested Tobias script yesterday evening and it works
> > perfectly.
>
> I hope there will be a general solution soon without doing tricky
> things.

There is a general solution already: add those lenses to the lensfun database
as user additions. If I understand the system correctly, that should work as
long as the lens provides an ID value to the camera.

> Until now I do not understand what the script does exactly. I do not
> want to edit the original raw-file. In the xmp-file I didn't find the
> lens.
As normally those fields are in the RAW file already and should not be changed
(as they are descriptive of the conditions under which the original image was
taken), there is no reason to add them to the XMP sidecar.

> It shouldn't be a lot of work to do this.
Perhaps not, if you assume that such lenses have the exact same optical
system. If you want to play it safe (good starting point if you are going to
distribute the data to 1000s of users) you'll have to verify that for every
lens you want to add as an alias"...

What I personally would like to see is a system where you can configure which
lenses you own/use, and darktable then limits the selections offered to those
lenses (ideally with an option to see the full list, for the cases where you
hire a lens for just one or a few shoots).

Remco