On 05/07/17 15:17, Аl Воgnеr wrote:
Am Wed, 5 Jul 2017 13:34:35 +0200
schrieb Romano Giannetti <romanof...@rgtti.com>:

Thank you Romano,

I use darktable 1:2.2.5-0pmjdebruijn1~xenial with (X)Ubuntu.

Don't know if the following is important to me:

$ git checkout release-2.2.5
Note: checking out 'release-2.2.5'.

You are in 'detached HEAD'

This is normal, forget it.
Now it's time to take your photos. You need a series of photos, at
all ISO you want to have the profile, that must be

- unfocused
- have both overexposed and underexposed areas
- assigned the "raw linear" profile

...where the second one is the most difficult thing to achieve.
Especially for low ISO values.

You have to apply the raw linear profile to all of them. It's explained in

https://landscrapes.wordpress.com/portfolio/sensor_profile_1/

and following pages. You should also read throughout

http://www.darktable.org/2012/12/profiling-sensor-and-photon-noise/

(no, it's not straightforward; it is a bit of work. I would like to find the time to publish a step-by-step instructions).

I couldn't find errors in the output.

$ darktable --noiseprofiles ./presets.json

Nothing happened re noise, maybe because the Pentax KP is not supported
too or I am doing something wrong. I activated noise reduction by
profile only.

You should activate "profiled denoise" and check that darktable is saying something on the style of "profile for Pentax KP at XXX ISO found" in the module. I do not think you can have something really usable if you have not used the raw linear profile on the RAW.

Romano

Romano Giannetti
http://www.rgtti.com/