On jeudi 7 septembre 2017 19:25:18 CEST darkta...@911networks.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> DT 2.2.5.
>
> I'm looking to open some shadows.
>
> There's the fill module and the tone curve, but I'd like more
> control, I only want to open only some shadows, like faces.
>
> Any good parametric tutorial?
>
> I've been messing around with parametric control, but the keyword
> here is "messing"...
>
> Ideally, I envision selecting a shadow and setting the exposure for that
> shadow darkness with a blend mode of screen and having multiple exposure
> entries for different shadows with some masking.

Not sure parametric masking would do what you want, like opening shadows just
in faces. While a parametric mask could help there, you'll need to combine it
with a drawn mask, with is a whole separate problem.

The reason is that parametric masks select according to the value for one
channel (which channels are available depends on the module, some are based on
Lab, others on RBG). And that rarely corresponds to a specific zone in your
image (even something apparently simple as selection a cloudy sky can have
some complications if there's e.g. a reflection in a lake).
Of course, you can try to combine several channels, but there is no guarantee
that there is a combination that selects only the zone you want.

So far, I have to limit myself to one channel in the parametric mask, and
perhaps a simple drawn mask, combining those two in exactly the way you want
is probably very logical, but not intuitive.

And I haven't found a good tutorial explaining how to attack this kind of
situations.

Remco