From: David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [darktable-user] Lens correction
To: darktable-user@lists.darktable.org

Had no idea that it would be that simple ... fully functional .. thank you

David

On 10/12/2017 05:24 PM, junkyardspar...@yepmail.net wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017, at 16:08, Roman Lebedev wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 2:05 AM, David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> My lens is included in the current lensfun coverage but does not display
>>> in the dt listing ... do I just wait for dt to update to the latest
>>> lensfun version?
>>
>> dt does *not* bundle those correction.
>> Depending on your lensfun version, lensfun-update-data tool may help you.
>> Otherwise, bug the lensfun in your distributions bugtracker.
>
> Maybe you don't want to wait around for the next lensfun version to be
packaged, either, so...

> Did you try, as suggested by others, to install the "lensfun-tools"
package, by whatever method you normally use for package management? It
sounds like this is how your distro provides the "lensfun-update-data"
script. If you then run that script from a terminal, it *should*, with any
luck, download the newest version of the lens database used by lensfun (and
by extension, darktable). If you run the script as root, it will attempt to
install to the system database location, otherwise to your user directory.
Watch the output in the terminal, it will tell you whether things are
working or not. If it works, great! If it doesn't, report back with the
error message.