On mardi 14 novembre 2017 08:21:13 CET Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hi,
> If you want really to do something "after", then do it "outside".
> You can do that in GIMP and you can even use the existing lua script to
> call GIMP directly from dt.
>
> Jean-Luc

Of course that's an option, but I'd like to do that kind of things /before/
the jpeg encoding step, but after the resampling/downsizing. (*)

The reasoning behind it is that you can do sharpening based on the image in
the normal edit flow, independent of your final output size, then do a
'correction' after downsizing. The amount of that correction will depend on
the size of the output (in pixels), but also on the output medium (screen will
have a different amount of sharpening as print, and there it can depend on the
final surface as well).

Remco

(*): it's of course possible to export as png from darktable, and then from
GIMP export as jpg. But output sharpening is the kind of thing that's used on
*all* images, so if it could be done through darktable, that would be nice...