Hello,

In case anyone is interested, upgrading to nvidia-384.98 from PPA
solved my problem.
kofa@eagle:~$ dpkg -l|egrep -i "opencl|nvidia|cuda"
ii  bbswitch-dkms                                   0.8-3ubuntu1
                                      amd64        Interface for
toggling the power on NVIDIA Optimus video cards
ii  libcuda1-384
384.98-0ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1                               amd64
NVIDIA CUDA runtime library
ii  nvidia-384
384.98-0ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1                               amd64
NVIDIA binary driver - version 384.98
ii  nvidia-libopencl1-384
384.98-0ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1                               amd64
NVIDIA OpenCL Driver and ICD Loader library
ii  nvidia-opencl-icd-384
384.98-0ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1                               amd64
NVIDIA OpenCL ICD
ii  nvidia-prime                                    0.8.2
                                      amd64        Tools to enable
NVIDIA's Prime
ii  nvidia-settings
387.22-0ubuntu0~gpu16.04.1                               amd64
Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
ii  opencl-headers                                  2.0~svn32091-2
                                      all          OpenCL (Open
Computing Language) header files

Kofa