Benjamin,

> If I may interject,

Sure!

>  there's no reason to be upset at users who do not
> contribute.  Not everyone is able to, and that's fine.  What's the
> point of a software project without users?

That's not the point. Take GIMP (it has been discussed recently) there
is more users on Windows and almost no contributor for this platform
and so the port is hard to maintain.

Soon this will also be true for dt, a lot of Windows users are moving
to dt. Fine. But among them some are certainly computer scientist,
right? What are they doing? Nothing.

Many users on Linux are not computer scientist, just fine. But at least
a part of the computer scientist using Linux are contributing.

That's the point, the OP is maybe not computer scientist, but in this
case the message is not welcomed ("I'm waiting").

So my message was just to remind Windows users that nothing come from
free, there is hard work and the Windows community must create a group
for the maintenance.

The risk is that the MacOS or Windows port will be discontinued. We
need more dev for those platforms, that's the reality.

Regards,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B