I agree with this scenario: Should not remove disabled module in history
stack when compressing it.

But.... I would like to be able to remove any module I want in the history
stack (right-click on it and choosing delete, for instance).
I've filed a request on redmine about it:
https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11269#change-30820

Best regards,
André

--