Hi everyone,

I think it's time to finally replace the computer I built five-ish years ago.  It was a good machine at the time, but since then my RAW files have gone from 8MP to 16MP and now to 40, and running more expensive iops, especially with masks and so on, is getting to be pretty sluggish.

I haven't really kept up with PC hardware in the meantime, so I'm curious what y'all would recommend for CPUs.  How much is a decent amount to spend for something high-end in the US market?  I'm guessing that dropping a grand on something/really/ high end is probably unnecessary, but maybe I'm wrong.  I'm also not sure how parallelized DT is in practice, and whether I should be looking for more cores or faster clock speed.