Hi Guys,

I have a very old laptop dell xps model 2011
Ubuntu 16.04
GeForce GT 525M

I know that using CPU is faster than Open CL.

Question - If I am to use one or more applications on the background (Thunderbird, Firefox) - would I have any benefit at all using Open CL? Reasoning - instead of everything competing for the CPU some would be offset by utilizing the GPU.

My expectation is that even DT would be slower comparing to CPU - it would be actually faster (specifically when editing) because fewer resources are targeting the CPU.

Am I on the right path or I should simply forget about Open CL on my old machine?

Thank you,