I am having the same issue with trackpads on both MacOS and Linux -- the
light table has become nearly unusable, some darkroom modules wholly so. I
filed a bug on Redmine last month against the first manifestation of it
that I noticed (https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/11974).

--
August Schwerdfeger
aug...@schwerdfeger.name