----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ulrich Pegelow" <ulrich.pege...@tongareva.de>

> You obviously have a point here, the current implementation does not do
> what the word "substact" implies.

> Before considering a fix: any idea how the "substract" operator should
> act in the Lab color space?

I have no idea ;-).

Actually, my guess is that "subtract" is useful to blend two totally
different images together (e.g. blend a black&white text onto an image
for a dodge&burn effect). For darktable where blending is done between
the original image and the image transformed by the module, I'm not
even sure "subtract" is a relevant thing to do. The fact that it's been
broken for years without anyone noticing is probably a sign that no
one ever found it useful.

--
Matthieu Moy
https://matthieu-moy.fr/