Matthias Bodenbinder:

> I would really appreciate if this posting helps to start a serious discussion
> about denoise in DT.

I can only add that I see things very similarly as you. For a complete
beginner like myself, DT's noise reduction options are way too
complicated, technical and, at least for me, unsatisfying.

I do not doubt that the results may be great under most circumstances if
the user knows what she is doing. But even though I "do not know what I
am doing", I am able to get results to my liking using just three
sliders (luminance, color, details) in Capture One for my pictures taken
at ISO 6400 with a Sony a6000.

J.
--
I count my partner's eyelashes.