> Message du 07/04/18 00:24
> De : "Jean-Luc CECCOLI"
> A : "darktable-user"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [darktable-user] DT & Exif data (ex : Vacations)
>

> William,

> Thank-you for your contribution.

> So it appears this is not the way DT handles the data that is in cause.

> The best I can do, then, is contact exiv's team an report the bug.

> Regards,

> J.-Luc

> Message du 06/04/18 21:46
> De : "William Ferguson"
> A : "darktable-user"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [darktable-user] DT & Exif data (ex : Vacations)

As a further test, I modified the image again and subtracted another hour from
the time.  I removed the image from darktable, then imported it again and it
showed 03:29:14 PM.  So, it works correctly on my system with Canon raws.  I
looked around and found a Nikon file on my system.  I imported it and then
changed the time by an hour, removed it, and reimported it.  The time in
darktable stayed the same and did not reflect the change.  I dumped the Nikon
file with exiftool and there is a field Date/Time Original which still has the
original time.  I dumped the Canon file and it has the Date/Time Original field
but the value is modified to the time I specified.  It appears that exiv2
doesn't set the Date/Time Original field inside Nikon files correctly.

Bill

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:10 PM, William Ferguson  wrote:

Just tried it on one of my files

Original file exif

> File name       : _7D_9686.CR2
> File size       : 22606679 Bytes
> MIME type       : image/x-canon-cr2
> Image size      : 5184 x 3456
> Camera make     : Canon
> Camera model    : Canon EOS 7D
> Image timestamp : 2018:03:26 17:29:14
> Image number    :
> Exposure time   : 1/1000 s
> Aperture        : F6.3
> Exposure bias   : 0 EV
> Flash           : No, compulsory
> Flash bias      : 0 EV
> Focal length    : 400.0 mm
> Subject distance: 0 m26.31 m37.42 m
> ISO speed       : 250
> Exposure mode   : Manual
> Metering mode   : Multi-segment
> Macro mode      : Off
> Image quality   : RAW
> Exif Resolution : 5184 x 3456
> White balance   : Auto
> Thumbnail       : image/jpeg, 15286 Bytes
> Copyright       : (c) 2018 Bill Ferguson. All Rights Reserved.
> Exif comment    :

Copied the file to another directory and did exiv2 -v ad -a -1:00:00
_7D_9686.CR2

Modified file exif

> File name       : _7D_9686.CR2
> File size       : 22606679 Bytes
> MIME type       : image/x-canon-cr2
> Image size      : 5184 x 3456
> Camera make     : Canon
> Camera model    : Canon EOS 7D
> Image timestamp : 2018:03:26 16:29:14
> Image number    :
> Exposure time   : 1/1000 s
> Aperture        : F6.3
> Exposure bias   : 0 EV
> Flash           : No, compulsory
> Flash bias      : 0 EV
> Focal length    : 400.0 mm
> Subject distance: 0 m26.31 m37.42 m
> ISO speed       : 250
> Exposure mode   : Manual
> Metering mode   : Multi-segment
> Macro mode      : Off
> Image quality   : RAW
> Exif Resolution : 5184 x 3456
> White balance   : Auto
> Thumbnail       : image/jpeg, 15286 Bytes
> Copyright       : (c) 2018 Bill Ferguson. All Rights Reserved.
> Exif comment    :

Started darktable and imported the file and it showed 04:29:14 PM,

so it appears to be working correctly, at least on my system.

Try copying or moving the file to a different directory, then import it and see
if the time is correct.  If that works, then my guess would be that when you
thought it was removed from the database, it didn't actually get removed from
the database.

Hope this helps,

Bill