On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 11:30 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Timur Irikovich Davletshin <timur.davlets...@gmail.com> [04-09-18
> 11:20]:
> > On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 17:12 +0200, Michael Staats wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > After extracting the interesting information from the thread on
> > > Highlight Reconstruction, it is very clear to me that using DNG
> > > files
> > > created by LR are not camera raw files and should not be used.
> > > Especially not to compare LR with dt when using different inputs,
> > > actually...
> > >
> > > Fine.
> > >
> > > Now Pentax DSLRs have the option to save raw files as DNG or PEF.
> > > Well,
> > > I thought I'd use DNG, as it is more "standard", even if it's an
> > > Adobe
> > > standard.
> > > And so far I can't report any problems.
> > >
> > > But now I wonder if it makes a difference? Should I better switch
> > > my
> > > cameras to PEF (Pentax own raw format)? I think not, as I have
> > > read
> > > from
> > > other sources (can't remember where) that both formats will
> > > contain
> > > the
> > > same information.
> > > But I'm not sure any more.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >   Michael
> > >

> > Exiv2 supports Pentax exif makernotes both in DNG and PEF, so it
> > should
> > work in any case.
>
> you are only considering the exif information?

Well, since DNG pixel format is supported the only issue could be in
additional data provided by libexiv2. Libexiv2 has narrower support if
compared with exiftool but this is what DT relies on. Rawtherapee uses
modified version of exiftool as I understood.

Patrick, please ignore my comments if you have nothing to say. You're a
bit agressive. I don't like it.