Thank you for the debug instructions, they may come handy again. I did not find
them in the FAQ.

Before using them I already did the following:
- Renamed my database file and started darktable
- Exited
- Renamed the original db back into it's place
- Started again

A window popped up about maybe a dozen xml files needing reload/rewrite. After
that darktable functioned as usual
again. No more hanging. So I assume it was an issue with my database. I have
been deleting photos outside of darktable
and running the purge_non_existing_images.sh, but did not have issues with that
before.

Anyway, thank you for this amazing software!

Best regards,
Martin