I've written a script, correct_lens.lua, to provide a means to non
destructively correct the lens information used by darktable.  In the past
if your camera didn't correctly identify your lens then the only way to
correct it was to use exiftool to modify the image file and rewrite the
lens information.  correct_lens builds a lookup table of lens string
corrections, then applies that to the darktable database information for an
image and doesn't modify the image file at all.

I'm putting this out for testing right now to see if it meets the needs of
other users, and to see what I didn't think of.  I've tested it and I use
it every time I shoot to correct the lens information.  However, you might
want to back up your library.db file prior to trying it just in case
there's a bug I missed.

The script is at https://github.com/wpferguson/correct-lens.  The README
has lots of information about the script and how to use it as well as
performance information.

Bill