Le mercredi 12 septembre 2018 à 21:37 +0200, Anders Lund a écrit :
> I'm not looking for color management,

You should as we are speaking about printing pictures :)

> I don't understand why using cups is a problem for dt, since other
> applications use it without problems.

Maybe you are a lucky one with a perfect CUPS Gutenprint driver. But
this is very very rare and printing without color management with CUPS
is generally giving very bad (and yes I do mean very bad) results when
it comes to color rendered on paper.

And this is NOT only a GNU/Linux issue. I know nobody printing pictures
without a profile on Photoshop or Lightroom on Windows. Color
management is not an option when you want good quality. Now the
situation is a bit better on Windows where the drivers are more
neutral.

Best,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B