On Thu, 2018-09-13 at 16:27 +0200, Anders Lund wrote:
> onsdag den 12. september 2018 22.46.19 CEST skrev Timur Irikovich
> Davletshin:
> > On Wed, 2018-09-12 at 22:23 +0200, Anders Lund wrote:
> > > Manufacturer provided drivers of good quality is one of the
> > > reasons
> > > for
> > > getting an Epson printer. :)
> >
> > Linux drivers from Epson have mediocre quality often with lower
> > resolution and no advanced features like color management. Works
> > for
> > office job, but this is not why we buy Epson printers...
>
> http://nc.alweb.dk/index.php/s/WEI1JVN4Af7lfnm
>
> Here is a (mobile) photo of two prints of the same image, the
> turboprint
> result on the right have a grenish tint, compared the the  result of
> the epson
> driver. Of cause this may be fixed by fiddeling with the color
> controls in the
> turboprint driver settings, but it does not appear an easy task!
> Alternative
> could be to buy a profile from zedonet. The turboprint print also
> have better
> contrast in the shadows (the trees in the background, the wawes and
> dark
> clothing)
>
> Both prints are printed on epson semigloss paper in best quality (as
> provided
> by each driver).
>
> The epson driver print looks much more like what is on my screen, and
> both the
> exported jpeg (srgb) and the digikam darkroom and print view display
> of the
> photo.
>
> I did a test more, trying to compensate for the green tint on the
> turboprint
> print, with some degree of succes. However, I can't seem to get it to
> print
> borderless from dt. This is a key issue for me, does that work for
> you out
> there?
>
> Kindly,
> Anders

I know nothing about printing from dt, I just don't use it. Regarding
your green tint problem: it would be nice to see original digital
picture for fair judgement. Comparing display with prints gives little
information if your display is not color calibrated. In my case the
only thing I play with is brightness — I increase it a bit for pictures
with lots of dark shades before printing.

Timur.