Hallo Pascal,

Pascal Obry schrieb am 18.01.19 um 14:46:

Hello Bernhard,

    according to
    https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/darktable lacks
    of support for Nikon D500 and D850 (WB Presets and Custom Matrix).
    When I start to work on this, I want to be sure to do the right
    things.

Not necessary up to date. The D500 is missing WB presets yes, but the WB presets are available for the D850.

And indeed the base-curves for D500 and D850 are missing.
thanks, I'll have a look into this.
Is this the right place for instructions?
https://www.darktable.org/2013/10/about-basecurves/

https://www.darktable.org/2012/10/whats-involved-with-adding-support-for-new-cameras/
    says in the first sentence:

    “/Update: This post is a few years old by now, and while most
    things are still valid there is at least one change: darktable
    doesn’t use dcraw/libraw and more./”

    The Color Matrix chapter refers to
    https://encrypted.pcode.nl/blog/2010/06/28/darktable-camera-color-profiling/
    for getting the enhanced color matrix. This is 9 years old =>
    still valid?

No, better use the color checker module now.
https://pixls.us/articles/profiling-a-camera-with-darktable-chart/

You'll need a good chart (it8 if possible) to get good results.
Is this also to submit or only for personal use?
(I did not read the full article yet but I have a target from Wolf Faust which I used to profile film in the past).

    The White Balance chapter points to a script
    http://ufraw.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ufraw/ufraw/wb_extract.pl
    that isn't available any more.
    How do I get further?

tools/extract_wb in dt repository.
Thanks, found this already and with some help of Rafa got this working - see other mail.
I'll share the results.

    So my questions:

      * Is the information given in the chapters “White balance
        presets” and “Color Matrices” still valid or is there another
        newer workflow documented somewhere (and if => where to find it)?
      * Where do I submit the results?

As a GitHub PR here:
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pulls
have to find out how to do this.

--

regards
Bernhard

https://www.bilddateien.de

Regards,
--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

http://photos.obry.net
http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net <http://keys.gnupg.net> --recv-key F949BD3B