I had similar (but not exact) issue before. It happen when I deleted images from DT and re imported after moving them to a different location (at the time I didn't know that I can simply point the images to the new location).

The behavior was - what Light-table presented for some images did not match DT. I ended up touching the images (the side carts) then forced DT to check for modifications when it starts.

For me - not only the crops were odd but also edits were lost (only in Light-table). Since I started simply pointing the folder to the new location the images are moved - I have not experienced the issue.

I am not sure if this is what you are seeing or something different...

Regards,

On 2019-04-16 12:26, Andrew Greig wrote:
Hi all,

I run DT on my desktop machine (Ubuntu 18.04) and on my laptop also Ubuntu 18.04.

For uploading my images to ModelMayhem I restrict the size to 8bit jpg 2000px X 2000px 94% quality, and they are exported perfectly on my desktop machine but on my Laptop my images are strangely cropped, heads cut off in portrait format or images cropped on the RHS of a landscape image. In the light-table view all of my images appear as I produced them in Darkroom. And the same cropping occurs when exporting full size jpg, png or j2k files. What I see in light-table is not what I get on export, I am remote from my desktop at present, but as far as I can tell my settings are the same on both. I can submit a screenshot and a couple of images from the top row of the screenshot of the Light-table view, if required. At home everything is perfect, but I am on location and somewhat embarrassed. Have I missed something glaringly obvious. DT version does not affect the outcome.

I did search the archives but found nothing on this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated

Andrew Greig

Melbourne, Australia