On 2019-08-05 18:28, I. Ivanov wrote:

On 2019-08-04 10:45, Michael wrote:
I also heard that sometimes it happens when disk space is low but I don't think 43G is low disk space.
bmike1@MikesBeast:~$ df -h |grep sda
/dev/sda1       293G  235G   43G  85% /

I would check for bad sectors on the disk, maybe memory and overheating of the system. The only time when I have seen such thing on the web is when I was looking for freenas recommendations (ECC RAM) because data can get corrupted in RAM. They had an image that looked like the sample .jpg

On a personal note - few months ago I had a lot of crashes and locking on my system (almost daily). I ended up opening it and cleaning it (there was quite a bit of dust). If you have some tool to measure the heath of the CPU (like sensors) you can see if there is likely overheating or likely disk issues. Some time these go together - overheating causes disk issues.

Regards,

sending to the list...