Greetings,

darktable 2.6.2, Ubuntu 18.04

I'm trying to get more organized for my photos and even tagging them. I used FSLint janitor for Ubuntu  to clear duplicate images.  I did run a query against darktable DB to get the complete list of images and wrote a simple shell script to check existence of these images. To my amazement, more than 50% of my images do not exist now. I'm not worried about this part as I know I deleted these images - copying from same card in multiple locations or sometimes using /tmp directory etc.

My problem is how do I cleanup the database? I would rather not start from scratch or with new database as significant number of (existing) images have tags. My shell script provides a list of images that don't exist. I want remove these from darktable database. I can adjust my script if data being fed needs to be in different format.

Film role may or may not exists as I am in process of jpeg files when raw files are available, again with the help of a script. Some film roles or directories are missing and in some cases only a particular image is missing as raw file exists.

Side car xmp files seems to contain tag information.  So my best and easiest option seems to be cleanup image directory, remove existing database and reimport everything again.

Does this option sound reasonable? Any other better way to do this - like selecting non existent or skull images from gui?

Regards,

Niranjan