Hi,

since upgrade to v3 I am struggling using the color zones module.

With 2.6 I had to really push it to see artifacts. Now it seems much easier.

I have a basic landscape picture with light blue sky and subtle clouds. I'm
trying to increase the blues and darken them.

If I use the defaults of the color zones module I see artifacts as soon as I
move slightly downwards the lighness curve in the blues (after increasing
saturation around the same hue values).

If, instead, I choose the preset "black and white film", then move the whole
saturation curve back to 0 (keeping the points scattered around the hue axis),
and increase the saturation in the blues, I can then drop the lightness much
more and get a better result. It basically seems that having more points
scattered around the hue axis helps in not getting artifacts on the clouds.

Has there been changes also in the module's inner functionality, or just in the
UI?

Or am I totally missing something?

I don't remember if the "process mode = strong" was already present in 2.6,
however changing it to "smooth" helps a little bit but does not solve the
problem. It just blands the effect.

I'm usually a person who welcomes changes, and even though I initially find
something new difficult, I try until I succeed before judging negatively. But
this time i'm having serious issues in using a module which was one of my
default gotos before...

Please someone shine a light on this :-)

Thanks in advance
Giulio