You probably tried this and were not happy, but just want to confirm. Have you checked collect images in lighttable view? It does allow you to search on various aspects and essentially does the same SQL others are talking about - but from the safety of darktable. Once you have selection, you can operate normally as you would otherwise do it. For example you can easily specify tag="this" and ISO=that from the GUI.

I have not used 3.0, but I doubt if they have taken this kind of functionality away.

Without knowing LUA scripts, most likely this kind functionality is exposed somewhere in the scripts.

Regards,

Niranjan