Hi,

CR3 currently is not supported as far as I understand.

As Canon does not disclose the specs of their raw-formats, any support is the result of a re-engineering effort to make this happen in the used rawspeed library. One thing to do should be to write Canon and request better support for FOSS-software and respective developer communities.

The short term solution would be to convert the files from CR3 to DNG (via Adobe's DNG converter that also runs in Wine under Linux) and then start from there with the DNG files.

for currently support cameras seeĀ  --> https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/

Best regards, Martin