Hi Peter

you can start it from terminal with debugging on by typing this:

/Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable -d all

for more options (limit debugging to certain things) check the --help

It'll show you on terminal stdout what problem it runs into, with that info
you can either fix it yourself or ask the list again for further input

br
 mike