Hi Peter,
     The method suggested by Jason works really well and is similar to the
method I have used in Lightroom. But be careful as trashing an image
removes it from your hard drive permanently (unless you recover from your
recycle bin). The other option is to use remove option which only removes
it from the Darktable collection but leaves the original on the hard drive.
BTW I have used Lightroom for many years. It is quick and easy to use which
is its real strength but the creative control in Darktable is so much
greater. Darktable has a steep learning curve but well worth investing time
in.

Cheers
  Terry

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 05:35, Jason Polak <jpo...@jpolak.org> wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> My method is basically to reject the picture (you can use the reject key
> "r" or just keep it at 1 star) and then select all rejected image at the
> top of the window. Then you can use the "Trash" button on the right in
> "Selected Images" to send the images to the trash.
>
> Jason
>
> On 2020-04-07 6:15 a.m., Peter Schlaufer wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I am with darktable only since a few days after having been with
> > Lightroom for many years and the some time with Luminar. I therefor have
> > still quite a bit to learn. From what I have experienced until noe I am
> > really satisfied. The one problem I am looking for Help is: Using
> > darktable for culling the pictures necessitates that I would like to
> > discard the ones I do not want to proceed with. But when I am thrashing
> > the pictures they do disappear from darktable however not from the
> > drive, which is what I would like they would. This is also contrary to
> > the description. I think I have chosen the correct adjustments. Anyone
> > can help?
> >
> > peterpe...@schlaufer.ch <mailto:pe...@schlaufer.ch>

Dr Terry Pinfold
Cytometry & Histology Lab Manager