Hi David,
        the retouch tool using a suitable size brush would do this. Select
source pixels just above or below the line by hovering mouse over the
source and using the keyboard shortcut shift + left-click. Then paint over
the line and the retouch tool would usually do a good job. However, I tend
to use GIMP more for retouching than Darktable. Each program has its own
strengths.

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 11:20, David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Has anybody found a way to remove thin lines such as telephone wires.
>
> I think it really needs to simply average the data from both sides of the
> line but maybe the existing tools can already solve the problem.
>
> David

Dr Terry Pinfold
Cytometry & Histology Lab Manager
Lecturer in Flow Cytometry