Le jeudi 20 août 2020 à 17:18 +0200, marc.ca...@gmail.com a écrit :
> But otherwise you have to warn your friends that the threshold for
> learning dt is high. Lightroom and others are, as you say, much
> simpler and intuitive.

I just don't agree. I had given courses on Lightroom (just to say I
knew it pretty well) but you have to compare them with the same
feature. I had no problem moving to darktable and you want to consider
the feature available in Lr only when comparing. Of course dt can do
lot better (masking, tools like Filmic, Liquify...) but this is not
available in Lr.

Start dt, put 5 simple modules (tone curve, exposition, color zone, wb,
crop & rotate) in your favorites. Start from this and you'll see that
it is not that difficult.

So that's certainly not difficult for everybody.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B