Following a major camera upgrade to a camera with 42 Mpix I have started to
run into response-time issues with DT, originally on 2.6.2 but also on
3.2.1. This is both in light table (scrolling, moving from image to image,
exporting) and in darkroom mode. Not unexpected given the modest hardware
(i3-8100, 8 Gb RAM). I do have images and OS (Fedora 32) on a fast SSD.

I have googled this forum and beyond but am not much wiser on what makes
sense, so would appreciate advise on what to consider to buy, given the
following constraints:

* a new graphics card would be for DT only; no other software needs it or
  would greatly benefit from it
* 200 € max -- translates to NVIDIA GTX1650 Super / GTX1660 or AMD's
  RX570/580 series cards
* convenience over last gram of performance -- my time is too precious to
  have patience for solutions which break at every minor or major kernel
  upgrade
* Fedora -- not necessarily better than any other distro, but simply
  what I have been using for the last 9 years
* My editing is mostly simple, i.e. demosaic, white balance, exposure,
  profiled denoise, tone adjustments with the occasional parametric or
  mask limits on these operators

Questions:

* Is there any value in attempting to get Intel's NEO OpenCL to work or is
  the expected improvement too little to be relevant -- Phoronix does
  report 15-25% performance increase vs Beignet and that would be welcome
  (and as Intel open source)
* AMD or NVIDIA -- esp. in view of constraints 3. and 4
* RAM for the card -- 4 Gb enough for the images I take (42 Mpix)
* What performance level in AMD's or NVIDIA's current range should I
  consider to have a meaningful acceleration of the GPU? For reference: my
  system currently completes the benchmark pictures of Phoronix in 36/18/15
  seconds (Boat, Masskrug, Serverroom).

Thanks for your advise!

Pindakoe